Monday, April 18, 2011

Employed!

Well, I probably shouldn't jump the gun too much, after all I still have to pass the background check, but I think it's pretty safe to say that I finally (sigh) got a job. I'm curious to see what it will be like to work in retail. I've had such an odd assortment of jobs in the past and it only seems right to squeeze in a little retail as well. Makes me look more well rounded. I could tell they were a bit nervous looking at my jumpy background, but seemed to think I had the stuff stock shelves and keep the place in shape. My job history doesn't even go back far enough to cover things like my time working as a maid or in the mill, but I guess I looked competent enough to help unload boxes off of trucks. My open availability was a bit positive aspect as well. In a college town it's difficult to find people who have such open schedules.
Mark and I had a great trip to Seeley Lake, Montana this weekend. The place my parents are currently staying is really beautiful. There are beautiful lakes and breath taking mountains to be seen when the sky clears up. It didn't clear up much the two days we were around, but we were able to see a wee bit here and there. We also had a chance to observe some of the many white tail deer that seem to nearly blanket the countryside. They're quite different from the black tail variety I'm used to on the West Coast. These deer have foxy like tails that are nearly long enough to look like they're wagging when they run a bit. Dad told me that when they get nervous and break into a serious run they stick straight up so you can see the fluffy white underside. I didn't ever see them in that much action. In fact, when we were driving out we had one stroll ever so leisurely right across the road in front of us that if I hadn't slowed down super early I likely would have bumped it. She was just taking her sweet time.
The deer also wander about through their open yard. There's some code in the part of Seeley Lake where they live that prohibits building fences so the space around the house is open to all the other very fancy log cabin style masterpieces. They're definitely built for the aesthetic appeal while having plush insides quite contrary to the original settler cabins in the area. Anyhow, the deer just mosey right on by. One mother and her baby were clearly looking for handouts. They came right up close and the mama ate some strawberries right by the stairs to the patio. Pretty cute. I did take some pictures, but I haven't managed to figure out how to get them from my phone to my computer just yet. I need to get some help from my Love for that. I did manage to download a ton of pictures from my camera that span back to our flight from Czech. Hmmm....guess that means it's been a while since I posted any photos. I need to go through them a bit more and maybe I'll do a picture post in the near future to backlog the past 5 months. Hard to believe we've been here so long already, but at the same time it really does feel like it's been ages.
Hopefully we'll have a chance to get back up to Montana before Mom and Dad leave so we can visit Glacier Nat'l Park and take more pictures. This trip was so quick that we didn't really have much chance anyway.
I think that about wraps things up for now. I'm definitely feeling relieved that the job search seems to be at an end for the present. I'll be sure to fill more in once I know all the details of what my career at Ross Dress For Less will entail. As long as there are some fashion perks I'm sure it won't be all that bad :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you were able to find a job! And Ross is so fun!

Transient Drifter said...

I just hope my background check passes in time for me to go to orientation tomorrow!