Saturday, June 30, 2007

VBS

Well, I just survived a week of VBS here in Blodgett. We had more kids this week than we ever have. More than 70! which is a real stretch for the limited staff. Fortuantely we had a group here from another church to help out. I'm not sure what would have happened otherwise. As it was my sister Julie was recruited to be a teacher, and I ended up being Rowan's one on one full time Aide! Can I just say here that VBS really was NOT designed for two year olds? Keeping up with him was definitely a full time job. He is such a funny kid. He loves to repeat any big word that you say. Right now one of his favorite things to talk about are earwigs. He keeps telling me he's eating earwigs. What a little goofball. of course when I call him a goofball he tells me that I'm the goofball. (sigh) It was a totally exhausting week. Besides watching Rowie, I also spent a considerable amount of time keeping track of Julie's three whippets. They're totally precious and precocious. That word totally looks wrong, but spell check confirmed it was correct.
I'm down to only three weeks before I head out. There is so much to do before then. Julie and the kids and dogs are sticking around a few more days so we can fine tune all the plans for the big retirement party. Does anyone out there know how to plan one of those? Honestly, I have no clue what I'm doing. I really only have one week to get all my things in order because the week before I go I'll be in Medford with the family. I'm looking forward to it, but as the time rapidly evaporates I'm beginning to wonder how things will work out.
Oh, I finally got prayercards as well. I need to get those sent out. If there is anyone interested in obtaining one let me know. I'm going to need all the prayers I can get!

No comments: