Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Life and all it's changes

No, this isn't an April Fools joke, I really have decided to stay in Czech for another year. I'll be writing a newsletter soon, and hopefully will be able to shed more light on this decision, but I honestly feel that this plan is from God and not from me. I really wanted to go home. In truth, I think I started planning to go home shortly after I returned. Having all new students and various other situations that were contrary to my expectations, I felt like I was done and would soon be ready to head back to the welcoming arms of my family. I made the decision to return home with confidence.
Then, over the past month, I've been having second thoughts. I didn't doubt that going home would be wonderful, but I began to doubt my motives. I began to see ways in which I could still be used here. Try as I might to settle in to happy thoughts of returning home, I just kept thinking of the prospect of one more year.
It wasn't easy to make this choice - even more difficult to tell my family - but now it is done. I will still be home this summer, and I'm really looking forward to that, but I will remain busy. I'll be getting a new teammate, and will therefore have to spend some time in LA once again. I'll also have to raise more support. Because I changed my mind, I won't be a CA next year, which means I have to pay more to remain part of the organization.
Please keep me in your prayers as I begin looking for flights home, and for various trips I'll need to take this summer (including one for my roommates wedding!). I'm curious to see what God will reveal in this next year, and what He has for me here as I continue trying to serve Him. Thanks to those of you who continue to love and support me, and to read the ramblings of my mind.

No comments: