Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween takes over Cheb!

We had a super great pub night this time around. It was really fun that it happened to coincide with Halloween so we really went all out. I've always had a lot of fun with dressing up for Halloween, so it was extra fun to have an excuse to go a little crazy. Most of the time when I wander around the city I end up being stared at for speaking English, but on Friday I actually had an excuse to be stared at!
We started out with a party in the morning at school. It was a lot of fun to see how much all the students got into the festivities. Granted, most of them waited to dress up until they got to school, whereas I wandered around the streets with my full make up on. Good times.

Here are some pictures of my classes all dressed up. The first one is of my L2 group and the second is of the L3s. They were all super cute! I loved it.


I have a ton of pictures from the night, so it's hard to narrow them down,so here are just a few of my favorite shots from the evening.
Here are three of my L2s in their second round of costumes. Since they didn't want to wander around dressed up all day they just wore black with little masks in the evening.

Here I am with my colleagues enjoying being able to be the crazy teachers for the evening.


And I don't really have any good category for the rest of these. It was all just a lot of fun. You can tell I really got into it all. I know I'm a poser, it's just too much fun!




The last one is of me with the guy who told me that I could call Cheb my home for now if I wanted. His name is Honza and he came without a costume on so I did his eye make up and we decided he was my monster for the night. Good fun.
I guess I'll just end this one here for now. I have some great pictures from the Italian party we had on Saturday night as well, but they don't really go with Halloween so well. Let's just say I was sporting a VERY different look for that party. I'll try to get them up in a few days. I've heard a rumor that the internet should start working in my flat come Saturday, but at this point I'll believe it when I see it :)
Okay, for some bizarre reason when I put this post up it didn't do things as ordered and so the picture of me and Honza is the first in that last grouping instead of the last one. Go figure. Why can't this thing just do things the way I tell it to. Ai ya!

No comments: