Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Time for another photo flurry...

To anyone who may have been eagerly checking my site for updates (ie my mother) I do apologize for the long absence, and will try to make amends in the days to come. So up first, a few sights from the amazing city of Cesky Krumlov. I first visited this picturesque town in 2008 when I went on the ESI canoe trip minus the canoe part ;) I'm still thankful I made that decision! I can recall their cold wet bodies quivering around the dinner table as they all seemed to be questioning their sanity for going on that little excursion while the rest of us basked in the glow of having spent a satisfying day sight seeing. Anyhow, it was great fun to bring Mom and Dad there. It was Mark's first visit as well, and we all enjoyed the sights of this lovely UNESCO sight.





On the first day there we went on a little trip to another castle called Rozemberk. It was about an hour drive away from Krumlov. Mark had done a lot of research to find castles that were open all year long. Unfortunately this one forgot to tell him that it is open during the week...but not the weekends. Seriously? Yup. So we only got to enjoy the view and weren't able to check it out on the inside.

All the same, it was a nice little side trip and allowed Mom her closest experience ever with swans :)
This next pictures is probably my favorite one from the entire trip. I think I love it most because Dad is actually really smiling! He never complains about all the photos we take of him, but this one shows that he really did have fun on the trip. I think it was partly because we'd found a treat that so perfectly fits his taste.
Now before I end I have a funny picture that is actually from Cheb, but I wanted to get it in before I forgot about it. I was pleased to introduce Mom and Dad to the store OBI. It's basically like a Home Depot, but it has a rather significant color scheme and mascot. See if you can note why I thought it was so appropriate for Mom and Dad to be photoed here:

So, for the time being, this is the Transient Drifter signing out...

1 comment:

Rebecca McNeil said...

Okay, now that you posted these, I must see you and Malin together! Oh so fun to have so many people enter your life there...