Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Heading back to Moscow

Well, it's been a long couple of weeks, and now I finally get to go back for a few more days with the family. I'm actually really glad I was able to make connections with the new group of people that will be on our team this year. While I've been fairly exhausted, and would naturally have enjoyed more time with my family and friends, it's been good to be a part of what is going on here. I can see a lot of potential in this new team, and I'm looking forward to serving and encouraging them this year.
I head back to Czech on the 23rd, so there isn't a whole lot of time to bask in the glow of Americana, and take in those final moments with the people I love on this side of the world. I did get to see Rebekah briefly. Her car broke down, so in the end I didn't get to see her new house, but she was able to come here and stay the night, so we had a great time just hanging out and talking. Five hour phone calls are GREAT, but being together for real is even better, and I'm so thankful we had the chance.
My bag is all packed, and I'm pretty sure the weight is decent, so now I'm just killing a couple of hours until the red van comes to take me away...

No comments: