Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Who knows where the song lyrics come from. They just appear!
Today is our last day of classes. This morning we have our daily students their certificates of completion, along with class photos. It is sad to see them go. I think a few of them will be back next year for evening classes, but after being with them for so many hours, we will really miss having them around. They are each so very special. Oh the endless goodbyes.
I'm not exactly sure how my classes will go this evening. In all truth, I haven't done much real teaching for a while. I'd like to just go out and hang out for the evening, but it's hard to know how many students will come and what thoughts they will have in their minds.
The weather is pretty stifling right now, so the thought of sticking around in Winfield with it's lack of circulation isn't exactly pretty. I'll just have to wait and see.
I'm really looking forward to getting home. I bought my bus ticket to the airport today, so at 9:30PM Friday night, I'll arrive at Prague airport where I'll be sitting around all night waiting for my 6:15 flight Saturday morning.
It is strange to be leaving. This year has been both fast and long. Hard to really express how I feel sitting on this end of it. I'm sure I'll come up with more thoughts as time progresses, but for now I'm just curious about where the time really went. I've been blessed with some really amazing students, and I really wonder how my classes will look next year. You just never know.
Anyhow, it's been a good year. I will be missing fellow teammates next year as well, but I'm looking forward to meeting the next round of friends that will come. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, right? After all, I know that He is the one who is in control of all my steps. It's a good thing as my thoughts can be awfully fuzzy at times.
Well, class starts soon, so I'll leave you for now. I should have internet access at home, but it could be a while before I have time to say anything more as I'll be surrounded by children and busyness. Good times :)

No comments: