Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Raining from the trees...

I had a rather strange experience this morning on my walk to work. I live a fairly healthy 20 minutes from my office (part of the reason I spend soooo many hours here!) and as I was walking this morning I began to notice big splashes of water on the sidewalk around the trees. At first I actually thought someone had hosed the trees off, and that it was just dripping from that. As I continued on, however, I realized that all the trees were dripping. Then I saw the ice, flowing down from the tips of all the branches. It was so odd to experience raining trees.
That really is the main reason I felt like writing on here. Just to share about the trees. Sometimes it's so easy to come up with something to write about, and other times I realize it has been ages since I've had anything to say.
I'm sure most of you know by now that I have decided to stay here in Cheb for another year. I'm still a bit befuddled by the decision myself, but I really feel like this is what God has for me at this point in time.
While I often find myself contemplating the future, wondering if I'll ever be settled down somewhere, living a more standardized life, I'm so thankful for all the random experiences I've been blessed to have. I don't know what will come from day to day, but it teaches me to rely ever more on God. Without him, I really would have nothing to show for this strange and transient life I lead.

No comments: