Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Snapshots

I'll be the first to admit that I have some...peculiarities shall we say. I wouldn't go quite so far as to call myself a hoarder, at least not like I was when I was younger, but I do hold onto things. I form sentimental attachments with inanimate objects, which can make it difficult to part with them. That's not really what this post is about, but it does help to set up the background.

I enjoy shopping and clothes, typical girly sorts of things, and these enjoyable experiences build up memories in my mind. Generally speaking, I can remember where, and at least within which life period I bought certain pieces of clothing. So the other day, when I was chatting with a customer at the shop, I realized that everything I was wearing was from when I lived in Hong Kong. (See how this ties in with not throwing things away, and sentimentality?)

The realization drew me to the conclusion that I absolutely had to have a Hong Kong experience in the present. Just a couple stores down from us, the newest owners of the little cafe have introduced Bubble Tea to their menu. Consequently, I made the trek over and bought a mango flavored Bubble Tea to go with my Hong Kong outfit.


Just to make it painfully clear how accurate my above comments were, I will share that I got that tank top at the then new Zara in IFC back in the summer of 2004 and the skirt was purchased at U2 on Nathan Road sometime in 2002. So there's your snapshot of the day. As stated earlier in the month, I'm attempting to get back on the blog writing bandwagon, and having finally uploaded a few pictures, I might even catch up on some backlog...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They still fit! Makes it much easier to be sentimental about clothes.

Transient Drifter said...

And I'm pretty easy on them, so they haven't worn out :)