Thursday, September 6, 2012

Blast From the College Dayz

It's September and school is back in session pretty all over the place. Every day on my way in to work I pass through the city of Newberg, home of George Fox University. As I watch the signs welcoming back the students, it has me remembering my college days. Those epic moments like the ice breaker get to know your new classmate games where they throw all your shoes in a pile and you freak out because you're not wearing cheap flip flops, but instead your expensive sandals that you can't possibly live without, so you make a new best friend as you bond to protect shoes that matter.
Then there's the classic car memories. When I was a freshman I was blessed by my oldest sister and her husband giving me their old 1981 Mercury Cougar. They had inherited it from his grandma. Yup, cool like a grandma even back then. Of course, the best thing was when said car would die at the school entrance, leaving me to embarrassingly wave the traffic around.
So I dug around through some old photo albums tonight and retook a few photos to help relive those epic college days and all their glory.


From freshman year we have a couple classics. What college experience would be complete without a dorm room. Naturally, it's important to be sure to decorate...

Somehow I didn't get the shot of my classic room set up, but this shows how many people we liked to squeeze in for the evening.
Then there were those random trips where we dressed up and took photos, just because we thought we were cool like that.

Not to mention the, we go to a Christian school where the girls outnumber the boys by, well, a lot, so we throw all single girls Valentine's dinner parties.

Sophomore year I lived off campus, which meant we got some really classy furniture like this papasan couch...

It's getting late and I'm a bit distracted so I'll just toss up a few more epic pictures from back in the day for kicks.





Yeah, those were the days...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally, The blue hair picture. I was waiting for that. And, What? No pictures of the wonderful older sister who would come visit you for your birthday? Love ya.

Unknown said...

Love this. I didn't have the true college experience but I enjoy hearing about yours and viewing the pics!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it all! Oh my goodness...who can forget free meals at Chevys? Is it wrong that my first reaction to the papas an chair pic was "what was I wearing?!" thanks for the memories =)
Bek

Transient Drifter said...

Aw, thanks everyone :) And, Rebekah, it could have been worse. My college collection holds a veritable treasure trove I'd, what were we thinking style moments ;)