Tuesday, January 29, 2008

And here it is almost February already...

And while I've put up a lot of posts this month, none of them have really been about this month. So I guess that now that I have just sent out my newsletter I might as well update everything. I'm one of those, when it rains it pours sort of people. When I'm in the mood to sit down and write you just never know what all I'll do.
I'm about to enter the month of the big decision. I'm still really uncertain about what I should do next year. I've enjoyed my time here this year, but I know that a lot of things will be different in the year to come. I want to make a decision based on all the facts, as well as on the guidance of God and others. It seems that every year I'm facing yet another round of starting fresh. Whether I stay here or go "home," things will be different than they have been before. (sigh)
I had a pretty good and entertaining weekend this week. I was able to spend quite a bit of time with students at pub night, as well as hanging out with one of my students after a concert on Saturday night. Moments like that remind me that there is a purpose to my being here. But I haven't gotten to the point where I feel like I'm really going out and making friends here in Cheb. I mean, I love my students, but we never really do much outside of class, and I don't really know how to change that. I'm just not the sort of person who is good at making such things happen.
Anyhow, I would appreciate all the prayers I can get as I'm heading toward this huge decision about what to do next year.

No comments: