Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Randomly obsessed with flowers

Recently I've found myself becoming obsessed with flowers. I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe it has something to do with missing my Mommy. Or maybe it has something to do with being really pleased with thoughts of Spring. The freshness of renewal. I'm not sure. Whatever the reason, I've been taking lots of flower photos and thought it would be nice to share some.
This first one is of flowers around one of the cottages down by the Ohre River. I really love walking down here and checking out the flowers. I was really thankful that I managed to get the photo before they mowed the lawn because there was something extra special in the wildness of it all.


When we went to Karlovy Vary the weekend before last I took these photos. I'm not sure what kind the first one was, but they were really nice to look at. The second one is a magnolia. The Magnolia trees were really beautiful there.

And here we have the "bombaliskas" with the "hrad." They actually really like their dandelions around here, and they grow so tall. I was glad that I got this photo before they mowed as well. Rather cheery after all.
Now I'll just throw in a few other photos of the past couple of weeks that I've been meaning to put up and just haven't gotten around to.


These two photos are of the hiking trip we took in the nice fresh healthy air.


Here we have a picture of one of a May Pole (Maja) in Loket, and a traditional "commie" car as we like to call them :)



These last three are of the weekend Jonna came to visit us. We had a Bridal shower for Che, who is getting married in less than two months now! Then we had a curious experience that involved our square suddenly being filled with convertibles. I'd love to add the video of that, but after the endless amount of time it took me to put that last one up, you're just going to have to wait 'til you see me.
May flowers brighten your days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is such a lovely place to live in.

Arlene,
Federal Way flowers