Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The training tales go on

I've got a little free time today so I thought I should catch up a wee bit. Aye me, training days can be so long. I was realizing today that in only a scant two weeks I'll be "leavin' on a jet plane." Talk about out of control. I'm feeling a little scattered, but I'm sure things will all work out in the end.
I know now that I need about $4,500 to fulfill my current debt to Teachoverseas. It still doesn't cover my return flight home, but I'll deal with that bit when I get to it.
It's been really good to start getting to know the people I'll be living with over the next year. They're really great people, and I can see a lot of potential for good things to come. At training, they work really hard to help us look at all the possibilities for things to go wrong, as well as trying to give us ideas for how to deal with conflicts that may come up.
I currently have several conversations going on, so keeping this all going smoothly is not so easy. We're having a serious grammar discussion, not my strong point. At least we're not trying to have it in Czech...

No comments: