Monday, August 13, 2007

Only 9 days left stateside

Hard to believe how quickly training is evaporating. Before I know it I'll be on yet another international flight. I must admit I'm rather excited to be on a flight with other people I know. I don't do that very often.
I've been up to all sorts of things around here. Today was my last night teaching at Practicum. Miraculously I was informed that I reached the elusive 80/20 (80%student talking/20% teacher). I was pretty excited about that. I think I've actually been able to help them grasp a few things about the past tense and that is really exciting. I'm still a little nervous about how teaching full time (I have 90 minute long classes!) will go. But I'm sure that once I have a few months under my belt I'll be feeling better about all of that as well. I know I have the knowledge in my head, it's just a matter of sharing it with my students in a way that will inspire and enliven them. We'll see how it goes.
I thought I would finally add a few more photos here. I have some more as well, but haven't downloaded them yet, so you'll have to make due with things from a couple of weeks ago for the most part. I promise I really haven't changed all that much since these were taken :)

Here is a picture of me and my friend Crystal standing outside a very strange restaurant in Pasadena called "Roscoes Chicken and Waffles." They literally expect people to put fried chicken on a waffle and then pour syrup over it. Hmmmm. I just had a waffle.

Here are a couple of my friends (Deanna and Katie) at Huntington beach. We spent most of the day there and had a little barbecue in the evening. Good fun.

Anybody want a hotdog?
















Here I am with my teammates Tammy and Naomi. They will actually be living with me in the CR. Should be good fun.
Well, I really hope these photos work seeing as how they've changed the format and now they just show up as code when I'm typing. We'll see how it goes...

1 comment:

ruthjanine said...

It's so great you already know the girls you are going to live with! I'm sure you will be a fantastic teacher and will impact them in more ways than one!

Have a great trip!